A lot of homeowners come in looking for new custom cabinets or a cabinet reface. However, most of the time they are uncertain as to which cabinetry material they should use. Many homeowners initially think that wood is the best and only option for their home. Don’t get me wrong, wood can be a great option for your kitchen, but it’s most definitely not your only or best option. Recently, lots of homeowners who have been looking to change up their kitchen have been contemplating whether to use 3D laminate or MDF for their cabinetry. Here are the pros and cons of using either 3D laminates or MDF for your cabinetry.
Modern science and technology have paved the way for a new type of laminate. These new laminated doors are designed to look just like their wood counterparts. Laminate cabinets are less expensive wooden cabinetry doors that are covered in a plastic-like layer called laminate.
- high- and low-pressure laminates can withstand extreme pressure
- easy to clean
- scratch resistant
- cost affordable
- endless color options and can be made to look uniform
- quick to produce while maintaining a high-quality look and feel
- although durable prone to damage due to the pressure it was made under
- the laminate may slowly lift over time.
- difficult to repair a damage, so it’s easier to replace
MDF (medium-density fiberboard)
MDF cabinetry is made from wood fibers, resin, and wax. MDF doors are a simple option to reduce the large cost of installing new custom cabinets. It’s durable, stronger, and denser than other forms of pressed board, so it can work in almost any application where a natural wood product would be applied.
- fewer cracking or warping issues
- no noticeable grain on your cabinets so it gives your cabinets a smoother finish
- easy to customize
- cost effective
- environmentally friendly product
- high levels of moisture resistance
- scratches cannot be repaired easily
- do not handle extreme heat well
- MDF doors cannot be stained
- does not equate to the natural aesthetic found in solid wood.
There always seems to be an abundance of options when choosing your new cabinetry. This abundance of options means the kitchen of your dreams can become a reality. But it can also mean feeling a little overwhelmed with your choices. When you’re in the process of a remodel, overwhelmed is the last thing we want you to feel like when upgrading your kitchen. At Kitchen Solvers, part of our core belief is providing each homeowner with the most Pleasant Remodeling Experience. From the moment you call, we will meet you where you are at in the buying process. Call your nearest kitchen solvers for your consultation! If you’re looking to gain a greater insight on what a kitchen remodel entails make sure to visit our blog articles like Looking for a Financially Savvy Cabinet Restoration? Cabinet Refacing could be your Solution! And What are the Steps in a Kitchen Remodel?
The post 3D Laminate vs. MDF For Your Cabinetry appeared first on Kitchen Solvers.